We gather together today, August 3, 2011, in mutual respect and recognition at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., as a group focused on promoting peace and well-being through oral health. All professionals in the field of dentistry speak a common language—the language of health.
We believe that oral health professionals can indeed serve to bring people of diverse backgrounds together to collaborate in order to overcome political conflicts and continue to build “Bridges to Peace.”
We are committed to the vision of promoting peace and well-being among people all over the world through oral health, by creating a common understanding of the social, political, economic, and geo-environmental issues among students, educators, researchers, and all health professionals.
The Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders will serve as a coordinating group that promotes, nurtures, and sponsors collaborations among oral health and health-related schools, companies, and organizations worldwide to achieve the following goals:
- Promote peace through oral health as part of total health and the reduction of disparities;
- Improve oral health by nurturing engagements among health professionals in order to develop an understanding of the myriad social, political, and other causes of conflicts;
- Develop leadership and advocacy programs to promote peace and well-being through oral health;
- Provide dental students and educators with opportunities for exchange, ultimately familiarizing them with state-of-the-art technology and science in all disciplines of dentistry throughout different parts of the world; and
- Promote and facilitate international collaborative research among members of the Alliance.
I hereby agree and support the vision and goals of the Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders and recognize the formation of its non-profit organization registered in the state of New York, U.S.A.
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Sydney
Faculty of Stomatology, Medical University – Sofia
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
Chief Executive Officer
Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity
School of Stomatology, Peking University
Vice President and Dean
School of Stomatology, Guangxi Medical University
Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences
Head of School
The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschlager
School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University
Dean, Faculty of Dental Medicine
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Founding Vice-Chairman, Board of Directors
Department of Oral Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome
Tokyo Dental College
Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait University
Vice President for Student Affairs and Services
Founding Member, Board of Directors
Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry
Faculty of Dentistry, Khon Kaen University
Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University
Founding Secretary, Board of Directors
Dental Institute, King’s College London
School of Dentistry
United Republic of Tanzania
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Henry Schein, Inc.